XL Fortran for AIX 8.1
Performs a logical shift.
- must be of type integer.
- must be of type integer. The absolute value of SHIFT must be less
than or equal to BIT_SIZE (I).
Result Type and Attributes
Same as I.
- The result has the value obtained by shifting the bits of I by SHIFT
- If SHIFT is positive, the shift is to the left; if SHIFT is negative,
the shift is to the right; and, if SHIFT is zero, no shift is
- Bits shifted out from the left or from the right, as appropriate, are
- Vacated bits are filled with zeros.
- The bits are numbered 0 to BIT_SIZE(I)-1, from right to left.
ISHFT (3, 1) has the result 6. See Integer Bit Model.
||Pass As Arg?
||same as argument
- IBM Extension.
[ Top of Page | Previous Page | Next Page | Table of Contents | Index ]