- Ada (IBM NeXtScale Cluster)
- An introduction to using Ada cluster.
- Eos (IBM iDataplex Cluster)
- An introduction to using Eos cluster.
- Linux Workstations
- An introduction to using our Linux workstations at Wisenbaker and the Student Computing Center.
- Storage Archive
- An introduction to using our storage archive.
- Account Activation and Management
- This document introduces the AMS system and provides instructions for
activating and managing your HPC resources.
- Accessing TAMU
- Read this guide for information on using SSH or X-Windows for
accessing our machines
- A Brief Introduction to UNIX
- This guide covers basic concepts in UNIX.
- Handy UNIX Commands
- This guide describes the basic UNIX commands.
- Software Environment Management with Modules
- This guide describes how modules are used to manage the environment
for the software installed on our systems.
- Virtual Private
- The VPN service is useful for remote (outside of the campus
firewall) users who need access to campus resources as if they were
directly connected to the campus network. This page explains the
benefits of VPN and how to install and configure the VPN
- Intel Documentation
- Provides documentation for the Intel compilers, libraries, and other development tools.
- IBM Documentation
- Provides documentation for IBM compilers, libraries, and etc.
Short Course Materials
- Introduction to UNIX/Linux
Basic and intermediate level topics for using unix on Supercomputing machines.
- Introduction to Supercomputing on Eos
Computing in the LINUX/INTEL programming environemnt of Eos, including the
PBS batch system, queues, and policies.
- Introduction to Supercomputing on HYDRA
Computing in IBM's AIX/p5-575 programming environment, including the Load
Leveler batch system, queues, and policies.
- Introduction to Perl
Basic level introduction to programming in Perl.
- Introduction to Code Parallelization with MPI
A basic to intermediate level course on code parallelization based on the MPI message passing model.
- Introduction to Code Parallelization with OpenMP
Code parallelization for shared memory systems using the OpenMP standard of directives and calls.
- MVAPICH2 Documentation
- MVAPICH2 v1.7 Users Guide. Also in
and a Quick Introduction
- Introduction to PETSc [TACC Tutorial 01/10/2011]
- Presentation material on PETSc prepared by Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC) at UT Austin
- TAMU/Intel Tutorial on Compilers, Libraries, and Tools
- Presentation materials from the Intel Tutorial hosted at TAMU
- GPU/CUDA/OpenCL Programming
- Presentation materials from the GPU Workshop hosted at TAMU
- Unix Tutorials
- This tutorial introduces basic UNIX concepts.
- TAMU MPI Tutorial
- An introduction to MPI, the Message Passing Interface
library. Code examples and compilation tips are provided for TAMU
Interactive MPI Course
- An online MPI course. Free registration is required.
- OpenMP Tutorial
- Provides an introduction to shared memory parallelization with
OpenMP. ( PDF )
- OpenMP 3.0 An Overview
- Provides an alternative introduction to shared memory parallelization with
OpenMP. ( PDF )
- SGI's PowerLearn
Course for the SGI Origins
- This SGI provided course gives more information on performance
tuning and parallelization techniques for our SGI Origin systems.
- Scalar Code Optimization
- This guide provides an introduction to scalar optimization
concepts and techniques with examples for the SGI Origin 3800. (
Postscript - PDF )