ANSYS ICEM CFD
Last modified: Monday April 11, 2011 5:02 PM
Initial License Setup
For ANSYS 12.x software (ANSYS, CFX, ICEMCFD, Fluent), you MUST set your preferences to use the academic licenses. This process needs to be done for each version on each system and applies ONLY to all ANSYS 12.x software.
- Make sure you are running a Xwindows server on your local computer and can display graphical programs remotely. For more information, see the Accessing TAMU Supercomputing Machines page.
- SSH to the system where you want to run ANSYS products.
- Run the anslic_admin command to start the ANSLIC_ADMIN utility. A window with the title ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility should appear if your local computer is configured as in step 1.
- Select Set License Preferences for User XXXX button. A popup window will appear.
- Select Use Academic Licenses button in the Global Settings section.
- Select the OK button.
- Select File from the pull down menu of the ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility and then select Exit to close the ANSLIC_ADMIN utility.