Clauses in OpenMP/1
Clauses for the “parallel” directive specify data association rules and conditional computation:
- default association for variables that are not mentioned in other clauses
- data in this list is accessible by all the threads and reference the same storage
- data in this list are private to each thread.
- A new storage location is created with that name and the contents of that storage are not available outside of the parallel region.
- The data in this list are undefined at the entry to the parallel region
- as for the private(list) clause with the addition that the contents are initialized from the variable with that name from outside of the parallel region
- this is available only for work sharing constructs
- a shared variable with that name is set to the last computed value of a thread private variable in the work sharing construct