Explanation: Useful Counters
- Cycles are proportional to time spend on the cpu
- spin times are added, but wait times are not
- Graduated instructions divided by cycles will give the IPC measure for the program. The R1x000 processor can process up to 4 IPC, a value of IPC ɭ.5 should be considered good.
- ALU/FPU progress cycles are the actual computation on the processor
- TLB misses is counting how many times the virtual translation entry has not been found in the Translation Look-aside Table. If that is a large contribution, larger size pages might be used in the application